Sludge Klear - Pond Sludge Remover
- Digests & Breaks Down Harmful Pond Sludge
- Harmless To All Fish, Pets & Wildlife
- Unique Sludge Remover That Works As Low As 4°C
Pond sludge builds up in winter, why wait till summer to clear it?
Envii Sludge Klear uses a unique blend of both enzymes and targeted bacteria to break down pond sludge and clear it. Sludge Klear is not only one of the most effective sludge clearing products on the market. It also contains unique targeted bacteria which start working at just 4°C. That is around 8 degrees colder than any other product on the market.
Dangers of pond sludge
To most of us pond sludge is unsightly but you may not realise that it is also potentially harmful. Pond sludge effectively forms an oxygen tight seal. This creates an anaerobic environment perfect for undesirable bacteria to grow. These bad bacteria feed on the decaying organic matter and give off hydrogen sulphide (known for its rotten egg smell). As well as hydrogen sulphide’s bad odour it is also poisonous. It will start off by killing the naturally occurring helpful bacteria in the ecosystem which would normally help break down the organic matter before it settles at the bottom of the pond. This in turn increases the rate of sludge production, increasing the amount of hydrogen sulphide produced. As the levels of hydrogen sulphide increase it will gradually start to poison all aquatic life including fish and plants.
The anaerobic strains of bacteria contained within Envii Sludge Klear are designed to operate in the oxygen starved sludge breaking it down were other treatments cannot reach, the area where hydrogen sulphide is at it worse.
Help prevent blanketweed
Sludge Klear also helps prevent and breakdown blanketweed by removing the key nutrients that blanket weed need to survive and thrive - nitrates and phosphorous. Targeting these nutrients means that blanketweed struggles to survive and grow and their anchor point to the sides or base of your pond is broken by the bacteria.
Bacterial starter for your pond filter
Sludge Klear is ideal as a bacterial starter for filters or to enhance the bacterial activity in your filter. This is a great way of reducing the levels of ammonia in the water, just add the number of tablets required based on your pond size!
1 tablet treats 5,000 litres or 1,250 gallons of water, but we recommend a double or triple initial dose to really get the bacterial colonies active and starting to dominate the system with GOOD bacteria!
Give that sludge a nudge.
- Clean out filters prior to using Sludge Klear.
- Turn off UV light for 3 days during treatment.
- Remove any surface algae where possible.
- Use 1 tablet per 5,000 litres/1,250 gallons of pond water, add to bucket of pond water, stir and leave for a minimum of 2 hours for best results
- Stir again prior to distributing evenly over pond surface.
- For initial use we recommend an initial double/triple dose and then treat every 5-7 days.
- Badly affected ponds may benefit from higher dose levels until effect on water visible.
Sorry no documents have been left for this product yet.