Nitrate Klear - Pond Nitrate Removal
- Improves Fish's Oxygen Intake
- Reduces Harmful Nitrate Levels In Pond Water
- Reduces Risk Of Fish Diseases Such As Brown-Blood
Protect Your Fish, Remove Pond Nitrates!
It is a common misconception that if your pond water is clear and looks healthy, it is healthy. However, the most dangerous things in ponds, are things that cannot be seen by eye such as nitrates & pH level. Without wanted to sound all doom and gloom, if left unchecked, high nitrate levels can easily harm or even kill fish, and like with many other toxins, older fish are normally the first to suffer.
How to Remove Nitrates From Water
Nitrate Klear is the no-fuss solution to protect your fish from nitrate poisoning. Using task specific, nitrifying bacteria, Nitrate Klear will remove harmful nitrates from pond water to protect fish from illness. When used as a regular maintenance product, Nitrate Klear will improve water quality and provide a safe, biologically balanced pond for your fish.
No need to keep testing water conditions, just enjoy your fish in the knowledge that they are safe.
Effects of Nitrates in Water
Unfortunately the first signs of nitrates being too high in your water can be your fish suffering or getting ill. Nitrates can enter a fish’s blood stream via its gills and can lead to a condition known as Brown Blood. This happens when nitrates are at high enough levels that they can affect the fish’s haemoglobin in its blood reducing its ability to carry oxygen. When nitrates combine with haemoglobin it will turn fishes blood from a rich red, to a deep brown. The lack of oxygen will lead to a deterioration in fish health as it slowly suffocates.
High nitrate levels have also been linked with damage to major organs in fish including their nervous system, kidneys, liver and spleen. Damage to any of these can severely shorten a fish’s life expectancy
What Cause Nitrate in Water
Nitrates are created when ammonia produced by fish is broken down by bacteria in the pond. Ammonia itself is more harmful than nitrates and for this reason nitrates can easily be overlooked by pond owners. While aquatic plants can remove nitrates from a pond, high nitrate levels may require a quicker solution such as the targeted bacteria in Nitrate Klear.
The Serious Bits
To create the perfect conditions for your fish ongoing, use Nitrate Klear in conjunction with Pond Klear to prevent disease and algae.
Learn more about reducing nitrate levels.
- Clean out filters prior to using Nitrate Klear.
- Turn off UV light for 3 days during treatment.
- Use 1 tablet per 2,000 litres/500 gallons of pond water, add to bucket of pond water, stir and leave for a minimum of 2 hours for best results
- Stir again prior to distributing evenly over pond surface.
- For initial use we recommend an initial double/triple dose and then treat every 5-7 days.
- Badly affected ponds may benefit from higher dose levels until effect on nitrate level visible.
- Treat monthly.
Sorry no documents have been left for this product yet.